Saturday, May 5, 2012

Teriyaki Chicken!

 A new recipe that i love and is so easy is chicken with homemade teriyaki sauce.  I first take the chicken breasts and defrost them if they have been in the freezer.  Next, i make the teriyaki sauce.  It is very simple.  All that is required is soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and ground ginger.  I will get decent sized bowl and put 1 cup of soy sauce, 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 garlic cloves minced,  1 tsp. ground ginger.  Then i take a fork and mix it for a few minutes to make sure the sugar isn't just stuck on the bottom and is mixed in well.  Next, I take a big ziplock bag and put the chicken in the bag then pour the sauce into the bag.  I squeeze most of the air out and zip it tight.  I then put it in the fridge and flip the bag over every hour so the chicken is marinating on both sides.  I let it marinate for at least 3 hours.  Then, you can either grill it or cook it on the stove.  I personally like the grill more.  Then, i cook fresh green beans with it and add butter and lemon pepper to the green beans at the end.  I also will cook rice with it to make it a full meal.  This is one of the easiest recipes to follow and it is a great balanced meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment