Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Since I love broccoli so much, I decided to try the Roasted Chile-Garlic Broccoli.  I also love spicy foods so I thought it would be perfect to try to add to such a  basic vegetable.  I really enjoyed it and it is super fast!  From start to finish it only takes 15-18 minutes.  I got this recipe from the magazine Cooking Light.  My friend Sarah and I, made it together.  We try and cook a nice healthy home made meal at least once a week.  Although I do love just plain-old steamed broccoli, I did enjoy this a lot and will definitely make it again.

Ingredients:

6 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
3/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon sugar
6 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped

Directions:

1. Place a small roasting pan in oven.  Preheat oven to 450.
2.  Place broccoli in a large bowl; drizzle with oil.  Toss to coat.  Add sambal oelek, salt, and sugar to broccoli mixture; toss.  Add broccoli mixture to preheated pan; toss.  Bake at 450 for 5 minutes; remove from oven.  Add garlic to pan; stir.  Bake an additional 5 minutes or until broccoli is lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment